AUSTIN, Minn. – A $14,000 donation will support STEM-related scholarships at Riverland Community College.
The money is coming from AT&T to the Riverland Community College Foundation and will be used for 14 $1,000 scholarships in science, technology, engineering, and math fields in the fall semester.
“We are honored to continue this partnership with AT&T and provide scholarships to students with a high financial need who are interested in STEM careers,” said Dr. Adenuga Atewologun, president of Riverland Community College. “Many Riverland students face financial obstacles as they work toward their dreams of a college education. These scholarships supported by AT&T reward hard-working students who need financial support to pursue careers in high-demand and high-paying STEM professions.”
AT&T previously provided $13,000 donations to Riverland in both 2014 and 2015, and $10,000 in 2017, for a total of $50,000 in scholarship support.
“AT&T Minnesota is committed to helping advance the education of our young people, particularly in the critical fields of science, technology, engineering and math,” said Paul Weirtz, president of AT&T Minnesota. “We are proud to once again support Riverland’s scholarship program and help more students receive the STEM education they need to be prepared for careers in the 21st Century.”
- AT&T supporting STEM students at Riverland Community College
- AT&T supporting students in STEM fields
- New Riverland Community College scholarships
- Riverland Community College students expanding food pantry
- Riverland Community College hosts welcoming week
- Hormel Foundation to offer free scholarships to Riverland Community College
- First day of classes at Riverland Community College
- Riverland Community College Host 4th Annual Work Skills Challenge
- Riverland Community College takes learning on the road
- Riverland Community College students share their journeys to America as a part of Welcoming Week