MASON CITY, Iowa- While North Iowa and Southern Minnesota residents are pulling out the shovels and snow blowers again this April people are a little worn out.
“I don’t like the quantity of snow we are getting,” said Mark Repp.
Taking a look back a year ago April 18th and the view is a little different: blue skies, green grass and sunshine, something those I talked to didn’t want to see.
“Looking at this and looking at what it looks now, I just don’t like it,” said Repp.
“Are you kidding me? It was so beautiful,” said Katy Lauritsen.
Others refused to even look at the pictures saying they had seen enough on social media.
“I’ve had enough; I think I’m ready for some green grass and some mowing,” said Mike Degen. I think I’d rather have my mower out right now.”
And Degen isn’t alone. Everyone we talked to is wishing for warmer weather.
“Green grass, the flowers, the warmer weather, anything is better than the snow,” said Repp.
“I want some sun, I want some grass and some heat,” said Lauritsen. “I’m tired of doing what I’m doing right now, shoveling snow.”
So much so that some have no problem making some bold predictions.
“This is the last one,” said Repp. “I don’t guarantee it, but this is the last one.”
- A year ago today it was much warmer
- Manly dog rescue operation started almost a year ago
- Iowa man gets 50 years for killing fiancee nearly 18 years ago
- Warmer temperatures affecting road conditions
- Iowa shooting victim's son died in homicide 4 months ago
- Get warmer in the car, faster
- Do warmer temps lead you to speed?
- Severe weather a possibility today
- Sheriff: Man who ran from authorities a week ago taken into custody
- Zumbro River sediment removal project starts today