ROCHESTER, Minn. – All seven candidates for the Rochester mayor will be in the hot seat on Tuesday night.
They are all participating in a public forum in which they will have to answer questions from citizens like Jessica Paolini.
Paolini is a mother of two and is planning on attending the debate. She’s going because after living in the Med-City for four years, she sees just how important local leaders are.
“The decisions made at the local level are the ones you literally see happening in the next months or days,” she said. “The road construction that's happening, the plans for buildings going around, all of that is all happening at the local government level.”
She’s hoping to leave with a better understanding of how each candidate is different from each other.
“I want to hear something other than I believe in transparent government. We all transparency but how are you going to make sure that happens? And how is that going to differentiate you from the person next to you,” Paolini said.
The debate starts at 6:30pm at the Rochester Public Library.
People who are unable to attend the conversation can live stream it or watch it recorded here.
- Rochester mayoral candidate forum
- A look ahead to the Mayoral Candidate Forum
- Rochester Public School Board candidate forum
- Rochester City Council Ward 1 Candidate Forum
- Looking ahead: Rochester mayoral candidates talk business at debate
- Mower County candidate forum held to educate voters
- Public forum features candidates for Austin City Council positions
- Mayoral candidates face off in debate
- Rochester mayoral candidates have an informal debate
- Albert Lea mayoral forum focuses on marquee issues