OLMSTED COUNTY, Minn. - A person found dead on an Olmsted County roadway Tuesday was a Somali male in his twenties who had multiple gunshot wounds.
Authorities released more information Wednesday afternoon after a day went by without a positive identification. The Sheriff’s Office said at 2 p.m. they “have tentatively identified the victim but are awaiting confirmation” from the Minnesota BCA and the medical examiner.
No suspects are in custody.
“Due to the initial investigation indicating that this was not a random act of violence, we do not believe there is an ongoing concern for public safety,” authorities said.
The male was found deceased Tuesday morning in the 2300 block of 45th St. SE in Marion Township.
According to Sgt. Kirby Long, a person driving to work saw the man and called 911. Gold Cross and Olmsted County Sheriff's Office arrived on scene to find the man deceased. Based on "apparent trauma," the death is being called suspicious.
The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is assisting the Sheriff's office in the investigation.
- Male found dead on Olmsted County road had multiple gunshot wounds
- Man suffers accidental gunshot wound
- Officer found, believed to have self-inflicted gunshot wounds
- Sheriff's Office: Male found dead after shooting in SE Minnesota
- One dead after collision in Olmsted County
- UPDATE: One dead after Olmsted County collision
- Water closes Olmsted County road near Chatfield
- Olmsted County road to close Thursday
- Road construction to affect Olmsted County travelers
- Multiple large-item thefts reported in Olmsted County