CLEAR LAKE, Iowa - Some bicyclists pedaled for pie this morning in Clear Lake as part of the North Iowa Touring Club's "Pie Ride" Saturday morning.
The two-wheeled event offered three routes for participants; a casual 14-mile ride around the lake, a 52-mile ride that led riders out into the country, or a 66-mile loop by doing two laps around the lake.
These bicyclists weren't just burning calories; they also had the opportunity to refuel with some carbs, including many kinds of pie, and a spaghetti lunch.
To top it off, they received a gift certificate to Wayne's Ski and Cycle.
Funds raised from the event go to the NITC to promote outdoor activities and bicycling road safety.
- A bike ride with a 'sweet' reward
- Riding bicycles for a sweet treat
- A 'sweet reward' for Clear Lake donut shop
- Family bike ride to support area youth
- Moonlight Bike Ride lights up Mason City
- Swapping Holiday Sweet Treats
- Police: Woman assaulted riding her bike in downtown Rochester
- Hero's Ride: Riding to respect and remember
- Rochester Bike Summit 2018
- Learning bike safety