CLEAR LAKE, Iowa - The legendary Surf Ballroom has a chance to take home a major award while going up against some big-city venues.
The venue is one of five finalists for Venue of the Year - Small Capacity, released Wednesday by the Academy of Country Music.
Joining The Surf on the list are:
House of Blues - Anaheim, California
House of Blues - Boston, Mass.
Floore’s - Helotes, Texas.
Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, Tenn.
The ACM Awards will be televised on CBS on April 7 at 7 p.m.
You can find the full list of nominees here.
— CBS This Morning (@CBSThisMorning) February 20, 2019
- A big nomination for a small-city venue: Surf Ballroom a finalist for ACM Award
- Legendary musician Robert Plant to perform at Surf Ballroom
- Remembering two keys to the successful Surf Ballroom: 'She just wants the legacy to carry on'
- Golden Apple Award finalists announced
- Neighbors crash wedding venue proposal
- Small Business Saturday makes a big impact on small communities
- Golden Globe nominations kick off Hollywood's award season
- Public meets five finalists for Mason City's administrator position
- Charles City announces 3 finalists for next superintendent