MASON CITY, Iowa- A long-time Mason City business is closing its doors, but not before taking another look through the history of the building.
Lorie Wilson just bought Mason City Tent and Awning and is now packing up to move to her new Rockford location. Wilson said the company has been around for 92 years, and if you look at the walls you will see pictures of workers making tents for those serving in WWII.
Wilson said a lot has changed over the years, from how many people were employed to what the company actually does.
“We don’t actually make tents and awnings anymore,” said Wilson. “We can make canvas tops for just about anything, though. And there are a lot less employees than back in the day. In fact, I am the only employee right now.”
Wilson said she is already starting to move to the new location.
- 92-year-old Mason City company to close its doors
- Many Forest City businesses closing their doors
- After nearly 10 years, free Mason City health clinic closes its doors
- Water valve replacement closing Mason City street
- Railroad crossing closed Thursday in Mason City
- Roads closed in Mason City and Rochester
- Gas leak closes Mason City street
- Two roads closed Monday in Mason City
- Bakers Square closing its doors in Rochester
- 92-year-old man reported missing in southern Minnesota