KIMT-TV 3 – 911 service was down in nine southeastern Minnesota counties.
Olmsted County says its 911 service was out but was restored just after 8 a.m.
Freeborn County says its 911 service was down and is no restored.
The Mower County Sheriff's Office says 911 phone lines are now working.
Dodge county also experienced a 911 outage but it has been resolved.
911 Lines were down as well in Winona County but has been restored.
Goodhue County is currently experiencing a 911 outage. If you have an emergency please call 651-385-3155. The county says crews are fixing it as fast as they can.
The Wabasha County Sheriff's Office says 911 lines are down and the phone company is working on the problem. Please use 651 565 3361 until they are repaired.
The Rice/Steele County Dispatch Center says it is currently experiencing a 911 outage. For any and all emergencies, please call (507) 451-5685 in lieu of 911 until further notice!! For non-emergencies for Blooming Prairie Police Department, you may still call (507) 583-7885.
Rich Hall is the Emergency Management Director for Freeborn County. He says
his team was able to utilize social media to get the word out to those impacted. He tells KIMT they didn't have missed emergencies and shares how they are trying to prevent this from having again.
"We need to make sure that we are talking to century link to find out exactly what happened,” Hall said. “In the future, we are working on some things from 6 to 18 months down the road where we get away from the 911 system that we have now and go towards a geo special 911 system."
In a statement sent from Century Link “On Sunday evening, some customers in Southern Minnesota may have experienced disruptions to 911 service due to a technical issue. Network technicians restored service shortly after 1 a.m. this morning and are investigating the issue.”
- 911 services restored after large SE Minnesota outage
- 911 service restored in Freeborn County
- Investigation underway into Minnesota 911 outage
- Minnesota 911 outage blamed on human error
- UPDATE: 911 service restored to all Freeborn County
- Hundreds affected by 911 outage in southern Minnesota
- Hundreds of 911 calls go unanswered due to Minnesota service outage
- Klobuchar calls for investigation into 911 outage
- Mower County Sheriff's Office addresses 911 outage
- Restoring a historic SE Minnesota covered bridge to its former glory