BIG LAKE TOWNSHIP, Minn. (AP) — Sheriff's officials say an elderly man has died after the riding mower he was driving overturned and rolled down an embankment into the Mississippi River in Sherburne County.
The body of 89-year-old Ralph Hermes was found Monday afternoon by a neighbor at his property in Big Lake Township. Authorities say Hermes' arm was pinned under the mower, which tipped near a 15-foot drop to the riverbank.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
- 89-year-old Minnesota man killed when riding mower overturns
- Sentence overturned in Mower County probation officer assault
- Lawsuit seeks to overturn Minnesota abortion restrictions
- Mower County man hurt in northern Minnesota rollover
- Central Minnesota man dies when grain wagon overturns
- Mower County fugitive sentenced
- Authorities say boy fatally injured when mower overturns in NE Iowa
- Mitchell County man dies in Mower County
- Texas man sentenced for Mower County theft
- Central Minnesota man charged with killing granparents