ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Family and friends are mourning the death of a 7-year-old St. Paul boy who died after crashing into a tree while sledding in Wisconsin.
Simon Caquelin was a first-grader at Central Lutheran School in St. Paul. He was injured at a Boy Scout sledding hill in Houlton on Jan. 27. He remained in critical condition at Gillette Children's Hospital in St. Paul until his death Monday.
The Star Tribune says a funeral will be held Thursday at St. Stephanus Lutheran Church in St. Paul. Simon is survived by his parents and two siblings, ages 11 and 13.
- 7-year-old Minnesota boy dies after crashing into tree while sledding
- Local boy enjoys a day of sledding
- March Madness Sledding Edition
- 5th Annual Cardboard Sled Race
- 7-year-old brings loaded handgun to school in Minnesota
- The Great Cardboard Sled Race is back
- Minnesota Boys State Hockey Tournament
- Minnesota says 380 people died in traffic crashes in 2018
- Hy-Vee gives away 30 sleds in Mason City
- Rockford man in Minnesota crash