LONG PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) — The son of a former NFL lineman accused of killing his parents in Minnesota has been extradited from Mexico.
Twenty-two-year-old Dylan John Bennett was booked into the Todd County Jail early Monday. Bennett was arrested for second-degree murder at a hotel in Cancun Saturday.
It wasn't immediately clear if he had an attorney.
Barry and Carol Bennett, both 63, were found fatally shot last Wednesday at their home in Long Prairie, a town of about 3,500 people 124 miles northwest of Minneapolis.
The criminal complaint says Barry Bennett told the Todd County Sheriff's Office in December that Dylan had expressed thoughts about killing his parents while he was in a mental health treatment facility.
Barry Bennett played 11 seasons with the New Orleans Saints, the New York Jets and Minnesota Vikings.
- Son of ex-NFL player accused of murdering parents extradited to Minnesota
- Minnesota Vikings player suspended by the NFL
- Study finds NFL players have large aortas
- Minnesota man arrested on suspicion of murdering infant son
- Ex-NFL lineman Bennett, wife found dead in Minnesota; son sought
- Trial date set for man accused of murdering son
- Parents accused of murdering baby plead not guilty
- Hearing scheduled for Minnesota woman accused of Florida murder
- Parents sue after Minnesota students sexually exploited
- Son: Mom accused in Florida, Minnesota deaths 'a good lady' but 'had her own demons'