ROCHESTER, Minn. - Starting June of this year, construction in downtown Rochester may cause some inconveniences in your daily commute, but it's for good reason.
Fourth St. SW was constructed over 100 years ago and is finally getting its much-needed reconstruction.
Right now, the street has 4 lanes. By the end of October the street will have one lane going both ways, extra parking on one side of the street, and even a covered bike lane.
There will also be shorter crosswalks and wider sidewalks for pedestrian safety which is what the city engineer tells KIMT this whole project is all about.
- 4th Street SW undergoing reconstruction
- 4th St. SW reconstruction project underway
- City workers looking to improve 4th Street SW
- Iowa 122 reconstruction project begins
- Mission 21 undergoing new changes
- Evacuations taking place in parts of SW Mason City
- Flood levels drop but SW Iowa roads remain closed
- Double-murder defendant to undergo mental evaluation
- Minnesota Governor to undergo back surgery
- 4th annual RestoreFest