DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Police say a child has died after being found in a Des Moines lake.
Officers and firefighters were called to Gray's Lake on Saturday evening after a 6-year-old child was reported missing. The girl had been playing with her family, who thought she might be in the water.
Police say firefighters started a search and quickly found the girl. They tried to resuscitate the child and rushed her to a hospital, where she died.
Gray's Lake is a popular recreation area just south of the city's downtown.
- Child dies after being found in Des Moines lake
- #3 with glee, Clear Lake is dreaming of Des Moines.
- Des Moines police say 4-year-old dies in accident
- Update: Amber Alert canceled after 2 found in Des Moines
- Homeless on the move in Des Moines
- Medical marijuana facility proposed for Des Moines
- Des Moines Register ordered to conceal information
- Gunshots end football game in Des Moines
- Woman sentenced for Des Moines murder
- Body found in river that of man sought by Des Moines police