CHARLES CITY, Iowa – A middle school-aged female is being investigated by authorities in Floyd County after posts on social media were brought to their attention.
The Charles City Police Department said a SnapChat post which was posted to Facebook showed a girl holding a gun and “a comment on the screen about shooting people.”
“We made contact with the female and a parent and are working with the Juvenile Court System,” the department said.
Police said the gun was located at a separate location.
“We feel there is no threat to the public from this incident at this time,” authorities said.
- Police: Middle school-aged girl being investigated for social media threat in Floyd Co.
- Social media threats made against Austin High School
- Police seeking information after social media threat against pep rally
- North Iowa Social Media Breakfast Club teaching social media defense
- Law Enforcement and social media
- Superintendent speaks out about impact of social media after reported school threat
- 'Harmless' social media post causes a stir at Rochester school
- Using social media to help solve crimes
- The consequences of social media posts
- Police: 2 Osage Middle School students charged after threats of violence with firearms