OLMSTED COUNTY, Minn. – A man is dead after a two-vehicle collision involving a car and a riding lawnmower.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office says it happened around 10:05 pm Wednesday near the intersection of Marion Road SE and Oak Park Circle SE. Todd Weatherly, 54, was cutting his neighbor’s grass and was crossing from the east side of Marion Road to the west side when he was hit by the southbound vehicle driven by Samuel Imhoff, 24.
The Sheriff’s Office says it appears Weatherly was killed instantly in the crash. This fatal incident is under investigation but the Sheriff’s Office says it does not appear that alcohol or drugs contributed to the collision. Authorities are checking to see if Imhoff was speeding.
- UPDATE: Man killed in crash southeast of Rochester
- UPDATE: One person stabbed in southeast Rochester
- One injured in two-vehicle crash southeast of Rochester
- Car hits semi southeast of Rochester
- Southeast Minnesota construction kickoff
- Man sentenced after Rochester crashes
- UPDATE: Victim identified in Rochester killing
- UPDATE: Rochester man pleads not guilty in Mower County crash
- UPDATE: Hurricane Florence taking aim at southeast U.S.
- Man arrested after Rochester killing gets probation