UPDATE: 12th St NE between N Illinois Ave and N Florida Ave is now open thanks to shoulder repair work done by city of Mason City crews.
MASON CITY, Iowa- It’s been a busy couple of days for road crews in Mason City as they began to assess storm damage done to area streets on Monday.
Brian Stroup lives on 12th St NE near Florida Avenue where the shoulder of the road washed out making his commute difficult.
Those with the city tell us they assessed the damage and are waiting to hear how much it will cost to repair. The police department said there is a 42 inch drop off if a driver were to leave the road way.
While he has noticed the amount of trucks coming down his road, he said the closed road is the least of his worries.
“I got a little water in my basement,” he said. So I have a dehumidifier and fan going.”
The city said they will likely know the cost of the damage in the next couple of weeks.
- UPDATE: 12th St NE in Mason City open after crews made repairs
- Mason City Public Library awaits further repairs.
- UPDATE: Crews respond to apartment fire in downtown Mason City
- Crews fixing sewer collapse in Mason City
- Fire breaks out at automotive repair shop in Mason City
- Emergency repairs needed at the Mason City Public Library
- Water valve repair to close Mason City road
- Mason City, Austin Younkers to remain open
- Mason City Flood Response Center opens
- Crews respond to fire near downtown Mason City