HUBBARD COUNTY, Minn. – A four-year-old Worth County child and a father have died after a kayaking accident over the weekend.
Jesse Anderson, 42, of Northwood, and his 4-year-old child died after authorities received a report of two kayakers who had overturned on Hart Lake on Saturday and had not returned to the water’s surface.
The Hubbard County Sheriff’s Office said responding agencies located a kayak upside down Saturday afternoon and there were no immediate signs of the victims.
Emergency crews were able to locate the 4-year-old in the water and began CPR. The child was transported by Cass Lake Ambulance and then North Memorial Air Care to U of M Hospital in Minneapolis and was listed in critical condition. The child, whose name was not released by authorities, died after being taken off life support.
The search for Jesse Anderson was suspended overnight Saturday and resumed at 7 a.m. Sunday.
At 10:53 a.m. Sunday, his body was recovered from Hart Lake in six feet of water.
Neither victim was found wearing a life jacket, authorities said.
- Worth County child, 4, and father dead after kayaking accident
- 2-car accident in Worth County
- Kayakers rescued along Mississippi River
- Worth County crash Monday morning
- Fire in rural Worth County
- Combine fire in Worth County
- 1 person dead after industrial accident in Mitchell County
- UPDATE: 1 person dead after Hancock County accident
- Man sought after kayak flipped in Fort Dodge river
- 2 southern MN kayakers rescued from Mississippi River