PANORA, Iowa (AP) — Authorities have recovered the body of a university student from a central Iowa lake.
The Guthrie County Sheriff's Office says the body of Kenton Greaves was pulled from Lake Panorama on Saturday afternoon. Authorities say he'd fallen from a boat into the water Thursday afternoon, and several friends had tried to save him.
The 22-year-old had just finished his junior year at Grand View University and was a member of the wrestling team at the private school in Des Moines. Authorities say he was from Brooklyn, New York.
The lake sits just outside Panora.
- Body of Grand View wrestler recovered from Iowa lake
- Grand View signing local stars
- Body found in frozen eastern Iowa lake
- Local stars finding success at Grand View
- Iowa wrestler hospitalized after being shot in the knee
- North Iowa recovering from weekend storm
- Albert Lea wrestlers sign with power programs
- Diocese says Iowa priest who threatened rape has recovered
- Northern Iowa continues slide with loss to Grand Canyon
- Body of second Minnesota man found in Wisconsin lake