BYRON, Minn. – Seven people are hurt after a chain reaction collision in Olmsted County.
It happened around 11:30 am Sunday at the intersection of Highway 14 and 10th Avenue. The Minnesota State Patrol says David Randsome Hain, 67 of Kasson, was driving west when his pickup truck rear ended the minivan driven by Larry Arthur Smith, 71 of Pine Island. Smith’s minivan was then pushed into the minivan driven by Hiteshkumar L Chaudhari, 45 of Brampton, Ontario, Canada, and the car driven by Justin Allan Hayes, 33 of Eyota.
Suffering what are described as non-life threatening injuries in the crash are Hain, Larry Smith and a passenger in his minvan, Patricia Ann Smith, 65, as well as Hayes and three passengers in his car, Tessa Ellen Hayes, 34, a one-year-old child and an infant.
Larry and Patricia Smith were taken to St. Mary’s Hospital for treatment. The State Patrol says none of the others were transported. All involved wearing their seat belts.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office assisted at the scene.
- Authorities say seven hurt in Byron collision
- One hurt in Byron collision
- Two-vehicle collision in Byron
- Two-vehicle collision near Byron
- Byron driver hurt in Goodhue County crash
- One hurt in collision north of Austin
- Two hurt in Cerro Gordo County collision
- Two hurt in Floyd County collision
- Rochester couple hurt in Wabasha County collision
- House fire in Byron