CERRO GORDO COUNTY, Iowa – A man has been arrested after a collision involving a pickup truck and a bicycle.
The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office says Abby Rodriguez, 34 of Sante Fe, New Mexico, was riding her bicycle south on Balsam Avenue when she was hit from behind by the truck driven by Joseph McLaughlin, 65 of Belmond. The Sheriff’s Office says McLaughlin left the scene and his truck was located in Franklin County by the Iowa State Patrol.
Rodriguez was taken to Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa by Garner Ambulance. The Sheriff’s Office says she was wearing a bike helmet when she was hit.
McLaughlin has been charged with leaving the scene of a personal injury accident and having an open container.
This incident happened around 12:21 pm Friday near the intersection of Balsam Avenue and 170th Street. It remains under investigation.
- Bicyclist injured in hit-and-run collision
- Bicyclist hit in Rochester intersection
- Bicyclist hit by truck in Mason City
- UPDATE: Female bicyclist hit in Rochester
- Bicyclist hit by car in Austin
- UPDATE: One injured in Highway 52 collision
- Two injured in Fillmore County collision
- Mower County woman injured in Winona County collision
- Patrol: 2 fatally injured in northern Iowa collision
- State Patrol: 4 injured in collision at Mower Co. intersection