CLEAR LAKE, Iowa - Five people were transported after a multiple-vehicle collision Friday temporarily closed I-35, north of Clear Lake.
A car on southbound I-35 pulled over between the 197 and 194 exits because the female driver was experiencing a medical condition. It was struck from behind by another vehicle, which then flipped over. The first car sustained heavy damage in the back.
The Interstate was closed from around noon to around 1:30 pm traffic was backed up for a couple of miles. The State Patrol says there were no life-threatening injuries.
No other details are available.
- UPDATE: 5 people transported, traffic backed up after I-35 crash north of Clear Lake
- I-35 ramps to close north of Clear Lake
- Traffic impacted after crash on I-35
- Drivers transported after head-on crash in Clear Lake
- Clear Lake City Council approves land plat for I-35 development
- Semi accident slowing traffic on I-35 north of Albert Lea
- Semi breakdown halts traffic at I-35 exit
- Clear Lake Chamber recognizes people and businesses
- UPDATE: Minnesota chase ended in North Iowa, blocks I-35
- I-35 north of Ames likely to stay closed until Monday a.m.; Avenue of Saints closed form Nashua to Clear Lake