WINNESHIEK COUNTY, Iowa – A GoFundMe page has been established for a family that had two teenagers die during a crash Monday morning.
Avery Arneson, 17, and Aiden Arneson, 13, were killed during an auto crash on their way to school Monday morning. Three Arneson brothers were also injured in the crash.
A total of six people were injured in the two-vehicle crash.
The Arneson kids are students at Mabel-Canton schools in southern Minnesota
Gary Kuphal, the superintendent, released the following statement.
"The staff at Mabel Canton Schools along with area clergy were available for students today and will continue to be available. Please look for the attachment that was emailed out about dealing with loss provided by our school psychologist. As a general rule routine is good for our children please encourage your children to come to school to be with and support their friends," he said.
The Iowa State Patrol says the crash happened around 8:30 a.m. Monday on County Road W40, about ½ mile south of 173rd Ave. Avery Arneson, of Decorah, was driving north in a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero and 15-year-old Gage Dahlberg of Decorah was driving south in a 2008 Ford F150. The State Patrol says Arneson lost control, crossed the center line and slid sideways. Dahlberg’s pickup truck smashed into the passenger side of Arenson’s car. Dahlberg was also injured in the crash.
- GoFundMe account set up for family that had two teenagers die in auto accident
- Auto accident in Fillmore County
- UPDATE: Auto accident in Byron
- Auto accident in Mason City
- Auto accident in Olmsted County
- Monday morning auto accident in Rochester
- Multiple auto accidents on icy Minnesota roads
- Cresco driver cited for January auto accident
- Teen injured in Mower County auto accident
- Cresco driver in southeastern Minnesota auto accident