CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP) - Authorities in northeastern Iowa have released the names of three people from Waterloo killed in a crash that also seriously injured three others.
Police say 20-year-old Elijah James Showalter, 21-year-old Daniel James Delagardelle and 16-year-old Brady Hagenstein died in the Friday evening in Cedar Falls.
Police say the three were traveling in a speeding westbound car on Viking Road that crossed the center line and hit an eastbound SUV head-on.
Three people in the SUV - a Cedar Falls husband and wife and their 9-year-old daughter - were hospitalized with what officials say are non-life-threatening injuries.
Previous story below
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP) - Authorities in northeastern Iowa say three people have died and three others have been injured in the head-on crash of a sport utility vehicle and a car.
Police say the crash happened Friday evening in Cedar Falls.
Cedar Falls police say in a news release that the westbound car on Viking Road was speeding when it crossed the center line and hit the eastbound SUV.
Police say three people in the car were ejected and were killed. Three people in the SUV were hospitalized with what officials believe are non-life-threatening injuries.
The names of those involved had not been released by midday Saturday.
- UPDATE: Victims identified in deadly Cedar Falls collision
- Arrest in killing of Cedar Falls hunter
- No casino for Cedar Rapids
- Man gets 45-year sentence for 2 Cedar Falls stabbings
- Chicago Bear pleads guilty in Cedar Falls bar fight
- Charles City semi driver involved in Cedar Falls crash
- Trial set in deadly Humboldt County collision
- UPDATE: Drowning victim identified in Winneshiek County
- UPDATE: Victim identified in Rochester killing
- Two hurt in Cedar Rapids shooting