ADEL, Iowa - The Iowa State Patrol says a California man has been arrested after a traffic stop along Interstate 80 southwest of Des Moines turned up more than 430 pounds of marijuana.
A trooper stopped a sport utility vehicle on suspicion of a traffic violation Wednesday night and searched the SUV after smelling a strong odor of raw marijuana coming from inside the vehicle. The search uncovered three large duffle bags containing 258 pounds of THC edibles and five large duffle bags containing about 173 pounds of high-grade marijuana.
The 32-year-old driver from Los Angeles was arrested.
- 431 pounds of marijuana found in Iowa traffic stop
- Traffic stop results in man being found with stolen gun, 16 pounds of marijuana
- Police: More than 200 pounds of marijuana seized in southern MN traffic stop
- Minnesota woman stopped with nearly 300 pounds of marijuana
- 1,500 pounds of marijuana seized in western Iowa
- Two facing charges after 6 pounds of marijuana found
- Man found with 13 pounds of marijuana arrested in Garner
- Man found with nearly a pound of marijuana pleads guilty
- 28 pounds of meth found by Minnesota State Patrol during Freeborn Co. traffic stop
- Authorities say marijuana and a gun were found during traffic stop south of Forest City