ZUMBROTA, Minn. – Authorities are investigating the death of a child after a swing set collapsed.
The Zumbrota Police Department says it was called to a home at 10:12 am Monday for the death of a four-year-old child. The child was apparently swinging on the swing set when it collapsed on top of the child.
Police say Zumbrota Area Ambulance Service responded within minutes and North Air Care was simultaneously dispatched. Officers say lifesaving efforts were exhausted at the scene.
The Southern Minnesota Regional Medical Examiner’s Office is investigating this death.
The Zumbrota Police Department says it would like to thank the Zumbrota Area Ambulance Service, North Air Care, and the Goodhue County Sheriff’s Office for their assistance in this matter.
- 4-year-old in southern MN killed in swing set collapse
- Southern MN man killed in lawnmower accident
- Trial set for southern MN man charged in apartment stabbings
- Road conditions causing accidents in southern MN
- Update: Wanted southern MN man located unresponsive
- Police conduct raid on southern MN house
- MN Senate approves disaster loans for barn collapses
- Golf season in 'full swing'
- Authorities respond to crash involving school bus in southern MN
- Man assaults parents with flashlight, paring knife in southern MN