Four tickets in Iowa were one number away from having a share of Tuesday’s Mega Millions jackpot, lottery officials said Wednesday.
A ticket purchased in Davenport won a $1M prize, while three others won prizes of $10,000 each.
The $10,000 winners were purchased at stores in three different communities: Tobacco Outlet Plus, 204 S. Duff Ave. in Ames; Hy-Vee, 910 N. Jefferson Way in Indianola; and Kum & Go, 3215 Seventh Ave. in Marion.
The $1 million prize must be claimed at Iowa Lottery headquarters in Clive, while the $10,000 prizes can be claimed at any of the lottery’s five regional offices.
A winning ticket was sold in South Carolina.
- Lottery officials: 4 tickets purchased in Iowa were 1 number away from hitting jackpot
- $343M and $440M jackpots tempt lottery players
- The world's biggest lottery jackpot...NOT!
- Not guilty plea in lottery ticket theft
- Plea deal in lottery ticket theft
- Mega Millions numbers for $1B jackpot announced
- Associated Press: Growing lottery jackpots to tempt players this week
- Iowa State Patrol releases 'Click it or Ticket' numbers
- Powerball jackpot now $750M after no winning ticket drawn
- Iowa man must pay back store, lottery for scratch ticket theft