ALBERT LEA, Minn. – Four people are in custody after burglaries were reported at the Verizon stores in Mason City and Forest City.
While conducting surveillance at the Albert Lea Verizon store around 5 a.m., a white vehicle that was similar to the description connected to the Iowa burglaries was spotted and four people were taken into custody.
The four are all juveniles. Two were 15-year-olds from Minneapolis, the third is a 17-year-old from Eagan and the fourth is believed to live in Richfield.
They are facing charges for attempted burglary suspected possession of stolen property. Both are felony charges.
Initial court appearances should happen either Thursday or Friday.
An earlier version of this story identified one of the people arrested as an adult. Albert Lea police say that is because they were supplied false information.
- 4 arrested in Albert Lea after Verizon burglaries reported in Mason City, Forest City
- 4 juveniles arrested in Albert Lea after a string of Verizon burglaries
- Man arrested for Albert Lea church burglary
- Albert Lea city employees' information compromised
- Albert Lea trail looks to connect cities
- Albert Lea needs a new city manager
- New city manager hired in Albert Lea
- Guilty plea in Albert Lea church burglary
- Guilty plea in violent Albert Lea burglary
- Albert Lea man sentenced for bedroom burglary