WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Authorities have arrested another suspect in the slaying of a young woman found lying in a West Des Moines road.
Dallas County court records say 20-year-old Johndarius Lewis and a 17-year-old boy are charged with robbery and first-degree murder. The Associated Press generally doesn't name juveniles accused of crimes.
Dallas County court records don't list the names of attorneys who could comment for Lewis or the boy.
Police found the woman in the road late Friday night in an area west of Interstate 35. She was pronounced dead later at a hospital. She'd been beaten and shot.
She's been identified as 18-year-old Sakira Bonner. Authorities say she was from Chicago but attended high school in Des Moines.
- 2nd suspect arrested in West Des Moines slaying
- Suspect surrenders in Des Moines 1st homicide of 2018
- Des Moines police say officers shot armed suspect
- Pedestrian killed, SUV driver arrested in Des Moines
- Des Moines police release 2nd video showing mountain lion in residential area (with video)
- Homeless on the move in Des Moines
- Medical marijuana facility proposed for Des Moines
- Des Moines Register ordered to conceal information
- Gunshots end football game in Des Moines
- Woman sentenced for Des Moines murder