OLMSTED COUNTY, Minn. – New details have emerged as a second man has been arrested for his alleged involvement in a March homicide.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office announced Thursday that Muhidin Abukar, 30, of Rochester, is facing a charge of second-degree murder in the shooting death of Garad Roble.
Roble was shot multiple times and found deceased the morning of March 5 in the 2300 block of 45th St. SE in Marion Township.
Roble and Abukar were out drinking late in the evening of March 4 and left together in a vehicle before they arrived at Meadow Park apartments. They left shortly after midnight, according to court documents.
Ayub Abucar Hagi Iman, 23, of Rochester, was previously charged with second-degree murder in this case.
Prior to the shooting, the victim was heard saying the following, according to investigators:
“What are you all going to do, shoot me? Are you all going to murder me?”
Evidence from cell phones placed Iman and Abukar at the location of the shooting.
Three days after the shooting, law enforcement was called to the 200 block of Elton Hills Dr. NW and located a glock handgun on top of the frozen water under a bridge.
Law enforcement said it traced Abukar to that location in the early hours of March 5.
In July, a cooperating individual spoke with investigators about the “G-Man” homicide.
Abukar allegedly told the CI that “the police are mad because they can’t put the ‘G-Man’ murder on him.
“Gave him all the head shots,” Abukar allegedly told the CI.
Authorities said the two defendants took Roble to the location and “intentionally shot the victim multiple times.”
With two people arrested, law enforcement is hoping more people will be forthcoming with information.
“Law enforcement in Olmsted County is hopeful that the arrest of Abukar and Ayub Iman will bring cooperation from those that have knowledge of Garad Roble’s homicide,” the sheriff's office said.
At the time of the murder, authorities said it “seems to be a very specific act against Mr. Roble.”
- Man charged with Olmsted Co. murder allegedly told CI he 'gave him all the head shots'
- Colorado man told of murder charges as wife's father sobs
- Man facing aggravated robbery charge after allegedly pulling gun on man in Olmsted Co.
- Sheriff: Man accused of delivering meth to a CI in Mason City arrested
- Olmsted Co. Sheriff: Man found in stolen vehicle claims aliens gave him permission to take it
- Report of shots fired in Olmsted County
- Attempted murder trial delayed in Olmsted County
- Third murder suspect in Olmsted County jail
- Man wanted in Olmsted County
- Olmsted Co. Sheriff: Man arrested for domestic abuse allegedly violated NCO on day he was released