MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Authorities say a 2-year-old Brooklyn Park boy has died weeks after he was found in a pond on a golf course.
The Hennepin County medical examiner's office says Isaac Fadeyibi died last week at a Minneapolis hospital. The boy was found in water near the eighth green on Edinburgh USA golf course in Brooklyn Park on Sept. 25.
Deputy Brooklyn Park Police Chief Mark Bruley tells the Star Tribune the boy had been reported to police as missing earlier that morning.
Emergency responders pulled the boy from the pond. The medical examiner says the boy died of complications from drowning.
- 2-year-old boy found in Twin Cities golf course pond dies
- AP source: Marwin Gonzalez, Twins agree to $21M, 2-year deal
- SAW: Clear Lake Boys Golf
- 'Forever chemicals' found in foam from 2 Twin Cities creeks
- Police say 2-year-old boy died after Iowa man sat on him
- Boy dies after he, another child, man break through pond ice in Iowa
- Boy drowns in large pond in central Iowa
- Man dies after SUV runs into northeast Iowa pond
- Sink hole shuts down Twin Cities highway
- Kidnapping charge in Twin Cities standoff