BURCHINAL, Iowa – A woman is flown to the hospital after a two-vehicle collision in Cerro Gordo County.
The Sheriff’s Office says it took place just before 10:30 a.m. Friday at the intersection of 210th Street and Lark Avenue. Witnesses say a northbound SUV driven by Ann Weers, 48, of Thornton, did not come to a complete stop at the stop sign and pulled in front of a westbound semi and grain trailer driven by Jerry White, 50, of Mason City.
The Sheriff’s Office says White was unable to stop and smashed into Weers’ SUV, pushing it about 50 feet down the road.
Weers was airlifted to Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa. She is listed in fair condition. White was not injured. Both drivers were wearing their seat belts.
This crash is under investigation.
- UPDATE: One injured after 2-vehicle crash in rural Cerro Gordo County
- Accident in Cerro Gordo County injures one
- Driver injured in Cerro Gordo County rollover
- One injured in southern Cerro Gordo County crash
- Animal sanctuary planned in rural Cerro Gordo County
- Semi driver attacked in rural Cerro Gordo County speaks out
- One hurt in Cerro Gordo County crash
- Update: 2 people injured, dogs found after going missing after Cerro Gordo County crash
- Friday collision injures three in Cerro Gordo County
- 1 injured after 2-vehicle crash Tuesday in Olmsted County