OLMSTED COUNTY, Minn. – Two Olmsted County kayakers were found safe early Thursday morning after not returning home after a trip to the Mississippi River.
At 2:34 a.m., Olmsted County officials met with a 24-year-old female at a residence in the 3600 block of 48th St. NE who claimed her 49-year-old father and her 19-year-old sister were due to return home but she hadn’t heard from them since 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The reporting party knew they were fishing in a 2-person kayak near the Half Moon Landing in the Wabasha/Kellogg area of the Mississippi River.
The two people were located safely at 4:06 a.m.
- 2 southern MN kayakers rescued from Mississippi River
- Kayakers rescued along Mississippi River
- Missing kayakers rescued in northeast Iowa
- Man sought after kayak flipped in Fort Dodge river
- Road conditions causing accidents in southern MN
- Update: Wanted southern MN man located unresponsive
- Southern MN man killed in lawnmower accident
- Police conduct raid on southern MN house
- 1 person rescued, 1 dog died during Sunday fire in southern MN
- Authorities respond to crash involving school bus in southern MN