BLUE EARTH, Minn. (AP) — Two Wisconsin men have been charged with dragging and injuring a Minnesota state trooper during a traffic stop.
A criminal complaint says Trooper Doug Rauenhorst and his partner pulled over a Jeep for a traffic violation last Thursday in Faribault County and suspected the driver and passenger from Milwaukee were transporting drugs.
The complaint says Rauenhorst was partly in the vehicle when the driver accelerated and the passenger punched the trooper in an attempt to force him out of the Jeep.
Prosecutors say Rauenhorst was dragged along Interstate 90 before he fell out of the moving Jeep.
The complaint states he “fell out of the Jeep into the traffic lanes sustaining substantial bodily harm.”
He was treated at an Albert Lea hospital for his injuries.
Anthony Hector Enriquez, 28, and Montrell Antonio Smith, 29, were arrested in Albert Lea and booked into the Faribault County Jail for felony assault and possession of a controlled substance.
During the pursuit, Smith and Enriquez were seen throwing bricks of marijuana out the windows.
- Complaint: Trooper was partially in vehicle when driver accelerated before southern MN pursuit
- Man flees officers, then his house during southern MN pursuit
- Southern MN authorities: Man allegedly led authorities on pursuit before stealing vehicle
- 3-county pursuit in north Iowa, southern MN reaches speeds of 110 mph
- Authorities: Man eludes police at 120 mph in pursuit from southern MN to north Iowa
- Southern MN trooper suffers minor injuries when squad car hit while assisting motorist
- Update: School bus driver laid on horn before driver hit 5-year-old girl in southern MN
- Road conditions causing accidents in southern MN
- Update: Wanted southern MN man located unresponsive
- Southern MN man killed in lawnmower accident