ALBERT LEA, Minn. - It's not very common for parents and child to end up as doctors at the same hospital, but that's what happened to the Lombardi family at Mayo Clinic Health System.
"It just happened. The starts aligned beautifully and it just so happened that a position opened up in the home where I have roots," says Dr. Nathaniel Lombardi, PhD, a psychologist. He just started his first week at the hospital.
He's joining his mother Dr. Beverly Lombardi, MD, who works in internal medicine, and his father Dr. Joseph Lombardi, MD, who works in obstetrics and gynecology. They've worked at the Albert Lea campus for 28 years.
"When I heard it was going to happen, it was awesome. I couldn't get the smile off my face for about a week," says Dr. Joseph Lombardi.
"I'm planning to just make a lot of referrals to him. Well I've got a lot of patients in crisis, you know, so I can use the help," adds Dr. Beverly Lombardi.
- 2 generations of healthcare providers at Mayo Clinic Health System
- Looking at Mayo Clinic's healthcare coverage
- Valet service comes to Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin
- Mayo Clinic Health System is banning visitors in SE Minnesota
- New 3D imaging mammogram technology at Mayo Clinic Health System
- High school students learn from Mayo Clinic about healthcare careers
- Mayo Clinic's Transform conference explores future of healthcare
- Mayo reopens clinics Monday
- Mayo Clinic research finds hysterectomy health risks
- Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin transitioning from urgent care to same day clinic