MASON CITY, Iowa – Two men have been arrested for allegedly stealing a mower from Mills Fleet Farm early Monday morning.
Mason City police said Calvin Lacey, 44, of Chicago, and Charles Ross, 54, of Des Moines, are facing charges for second-degree theft and possession of a theft detection removal device after a report of a theft in progress around 4:20 a.m. Monday.
The suspects left the scene in a large moving van prior to officers arriving, police said.
An officer with the Clear Lake Police Department stopped the vehicle on Interstate-35.
Two lawn mowers – one from Mills Fleet Farm valued at $1,700 – were found along with a bolt cutter and what is believed to me methamphetamine.
Police say more charges are likely.
- 2 arrested for allegedly stealing mower from Mason City Mills Fleet Farm
- Final sentence in Fleet Farm shoplifting
- Man charged for allegedly stealing truck from Mason City business
- Man files lawsuit for not being able to use wheelchair to exit Mason City Fleet Farm
- Most read of 2017: Man denied use of motorized scooter leaving Mason City Fleet Farm
- Farm-City Week in Mason City
- Mason City man arrested after allegedly pointing gun at woman
- Mason City woman arrested for allegedly bringing meth into jail
- Mason City man injured in rollover crash in Mower County
- Mason City man charged with stealing snowmobiles