CONRAD, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say two University of Northern Iowa students were killed when their car collided with a semitrailer.
The collision occurred around 12:40 p.m. Sunday, a few miles north of Conrad on Iowa Highway 14. The Grundy County Sheriff's Office says the northbound car went out of control on the snow- and ice-covered roadway and crossed into the path of the southbound semi.
The Sheriff's Office identified the car driver as 21-year-old Justin Kime, who lived in Stewartville, Minnesota, and his passenger as 21-year-old Tristan Marlow, who lived in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
The truck driver wasn't injured. He's been identified as 27-year-old Laurence Smith, of St. Louis.
The accident is being investigated.
- 2 University of Northern Iowa students, 1 from southern Minnesota, killed in car-semitrailer collision
- Fatal car/motorhome collision in southern Minnesota
- Possible severe weather later today in southern Minnesota, northern Iowa
- Severe Thunderstorm Watch for southern Minnesota, northern Iowa counties
- Images of Monday's storms in northern Iowa, southern Minnesota
- Volleyball highlights and scores from northern Iowa and southern Minnesota
- Minnesota man killed in southern Iowa crash
- Minneapolis man injured in southern Minnesota collision
- Kossuth Co. woman killed in crash with semitrailer
- Northern Minnesota house fire kills three