ALTOONA, Iowa (AP) — Authorities in central Iowa say a 19-year-old woman has died after being hit by a pickup truck.
Des Moines television station KCCI reports that the incident happened around 9:30 p.m. Friday at an Altoona intersection. The Iowa State Patrol says the truck was northbound and had a green light when it hit the woman.
The woman, whose name has not been released, was taken to a hospital, where she died.
The driver of the truck was not injured.
- 19-year-old woman hit, killed by truck in central Iowa
- Teen hit and killed by pickup truck in central Iowa
- Heavy rain hits central and northwest Iowa
- Woman killed, 7 injured in central Iowa collision
- Arrest made in south central Iowa killing
- Woman, daughter hit by pickup truck
- 19-year-old fatally crashes during chase by Iowa trooper
- 8-year-old dies after being hit crossing central Iowa street
- Measles warning for central Iowa
- UPDATE: Four killed in central Iowa plane crash