FREEBORN COUNTY, Minn. - A 16-year-old girl from Alden was killed Monday in a two-vehicle crash in Freeborn County.
The Minnesota State Patrol said Grace Zimmerman was killed in the crash.
A Peterbuilt driven by Daniel Joseph Petracek, 57, of, Waseca, was northbound on Highway 13 when it collided with Zimmerman's vehicle at the intersection of Highway 13 and County Rd. 14.
Petracek was not injured.
A GoFundMe page for Grace Zimmerman's family has been set up. You can find the page by clicking here.
Zimmerman was a student at Albert Lea High School and on the dance team. Her principal Mark Grossklaus described her at a bright light and a good student. Grossklaus gave a brief comment on Zimmerman's passing.
"It's a great loss," Grossklaus said. "We want to respect the family's time right now."
Grossklaus has been a principal for six years and says now it's his job to ensure grieving students know they have support.
"Generally what we have been doing is having administrators going to the classrooms giving students a heads up," Grossklaus said. "We want them to know that it's okay to have the feeling that they do and if they need support that they can come to the office and we will help them find the support that they need."
- 16-year-old girl killed in Freeborn County 2-vehicle crash
- 1 injured after 2-vehicle crash on I-35 in Freeborn County
- Southern MN girl, 10, injured in 2-vehicle crash
- Motorcycle crash in Freeborn County
- Authorities ID Austin man killed in 2-vehicle crash
- Name released of man killed in Rochester 2-vehicle crash
- 79-year-old killed in northeast Iowa 2-vehicle crash
- State Patrol: SE Minnesota man killed in 2-vehicle crash
- 2-vehicle crash Friday afternoon in Mason City
- 4 Rochester teens injured in 2-vehicle crash