IVINS, Utah (AP) — Authorities say a teenage boy has died after falling inside Snow Canyon State Park in southwestern Utah.
KUTV in Salt Lake City reports park officials say the incident happened Sunday afternoon.
The 13-year-old, who was visiting from Iowa, was free climbing with no ropes or equipment.
Park officials say he was dead at the scene.
The boy, whose name has not been released, was visiting his mother and two other children.
The death remains under investigation.
- 13-year-old Iowa boy dies in fall in Utah state park
- Ex-Iowa coach accused of kissing, touching 13-year-old girl
- Iowa authorities say 13-year-old driving van during 100-mph chase
- NE Iowa man accused of having sex with 13-year-old
- Rock climber falls in Minnesota state park
- Police: Fall from communications tower caused Iowa boy's death
- Iowa boy who wanted racing stickers for his casket dies
- Iowa State falls to 0-2 with loss to Milwaukee
- Iowa's 'American Idol' returns to the state this fall
- Iowa State would support QB Jacob Park's transfer request