MASON CITY, Iowa- Excessive rain this summer has slowed down the Highway 122 project in Mason City but now the next phase of the project is getting underway.
The Iowa Department of Transportation said the pavement portion of the project from Federal Ave. to Jefferson starts on Tuesday. Though the project is a little behind schedule according to those with the Iowa DOT, residents said being patient is the key.
Ted Schultz, of Mason City, said he tries to avoid the area when he can, something the Iowa DOT said people should do if they can find an alternate route. Shultz said people need to look at the big picture when it comes to this project.
“I think it’s great,” he said. “It’s going to be a great improvement. It’s been a long time coming and personally, I think the roads been iffy for a while and this will help traffic.”
The Iowa DOT said they do still expect to be finishing the west bound portion of the project by Novemeber.
- Highway 122 project in Mason City 'a long time coming'
- Iowa DOT reveals Highway 122 project
- Highway 122 construction project impacts so far
- Gas leak closes Highway 122
- Iowa 122 reconstruction project begins
- 122 project impacting local businesses
- Highway 122 project creates dangerous intersections on side streets
- Highway 122 construction safety changes being made
- Section of Highway 122 to open Tuesday
- Fire department impacted by 122 project