AUSTIN, Minn. – Two men are facing charges after law enforcement intercepted a drug shipment from California with a street value of around $100,000.
Jean Michael Miranda-Sanchez, 24 of Austin, and Rodolfo Alonso Portillo, 21 of Rochester, were arrested Thursday and booked into the Mower County Jail for 1st degree drug possession.
Austin Police Chief Brian Krueger says a joint operation between his department, the Mower County Sheriff’s Office, the Southeast Minnesota Violent Crime Enforcement Team, and the Minneapolis Airport Police followed a package containing five pounds of methamphetamine and one pound of cocaine as it went from the airport to an East Oakland Avenue Address. Krueger says that’s where Miranda-Sanchez and Portillo picked up the package.
Police then stopped the two men in their vehicle and took them into custody.
- $100,000 drug bust in Austin
- $100,000 Austin drug bust sends one man to prison
- Second sentence for Austin drug bust
- Plea deal in major Austin drug bust
- Not guilty plea in Austin drug bust
- Austin meth bust produces second guilty plea
- Mason City man held on $100,000 for felony drug charge
- Guilty pleas in traffic stop drug bust
- Drug bust after Rochester traffic stop
- Guilty plea in Rochester drug bust