ALBERT LEA, Minn. – A fire that began when cooking oil on a stove caused around $10,000 in damage to an Albert Lea residence Friday morning.
At 10:30 a.m., Albert Lea Fire and Rescue and the Albert Lea Police Department were dispatched to 308 Euclid Ave.
“Upon arrival smoke was found coming from the roof and windows of the second floor apartment unit. Tenants of both units were found in the main level apartment unit and evacuated out of the building,” the Albert Lea Fire Department said.
The fire was kept to the kitchen and a small portion of the attic space. The scene was clear at 12:30 p.m.
“Albert Lea Fire Rescue would like to remind residence that cooking fires remain one of the leading causes of home fires. If something on the stove catches fire use a lid to extinguish the fire,” they said.
- $10,000 in damage after kitchen fire at Albert Lea residence
- Albert Lea residents clean up storm damage
- Fire damages house just outside Albert Lea
- Insulation fire damages Albert Lea home Friday
- Camper fire in Albert Lea
- Forklift fire in Albert Lea
- Flames damage half of Albert Lea duplex
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- Albert Lea house fire causes $20K in damage
- Fire at Albert Lea business causes minimal damage