BREAKING NEWS Possible murder-suicide in Rochester Full Story

$10,000 in damage after kitchen fire at Albert Lea residence

A fire that began when cooking oil on a stove caused around $10,000 in damage to an Albert Lea residence Friday morning.

Posted: Mar 30, 2018 2:58 PM

ALBERT LEA, Minn. – A fire that began when cooking oil on a stove caused around $10,000 in damage to an Albert Lea residence Friday morning.
At 10:30 a.m., Albert Lea Fire and Rescue and the Albert Lea Police Department were dispatched to 308 Euclid Ave.
“Upon arrival smoke was found coming from the roof and windows of the second floor apartment unit. Tenants of both units were found in the main level apartment unit and evacuated out of the building,” the Albert Lea Fire Department said.
The fire was kept to the kitchen and a small portion of the attic space. The scene was clear at 12:30 p.m.
“Albert Lea Fire Rescue would like to remind residence that cooking fires remain one of the leading causes of home fires. If something on the stove catches fire use a lid to extinguish the fire,” they said.

Article Comments

Mason City
Overcast
70° wxIcon
Hi: 86° Lo: 70°
Feels Like: 70°
Albert Lea
Overcast
70° wxIcon
Hi: 87° Lo: 70°
Feels Like: 70°
Austin
Overcast
70° wxIcon
Hi: 90° Lo: 70°
Feels Like: 70°
Charles City
Overcast
72° wxIcon
Hi: 85° Lo: 68°
Feels Like: 72°
Rochester
Scattered Clouds
70° wxIcon
Hi: 84° Lo: 64°
Feels Like: 70°
Tracking Heat and Isolated Storm Chances
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Latest Video

Image

Central Springs advances to state for fifth consecutive time

Image

Cyclist recognized for cleanup effort

Image

Iowa State Parks get AED's thanks to donations, grants

Image

Zumbro Education District needs new building

Image

New referendum survey at Triton School District

Image

Sex Trafficking Resource Closes in Rochester

Image

Rochester City Budget Planning

Image

Swimming advisory lifted on Rochester Beach

Image

Moon Landing Celebration

Image

President Stands By Tweets

Community Events