FLOYD COUNTY, Iowa – An Iowa City man is arrested after a 100 mile per hour chase in Floyd County.
The Sheriff’s Office says it tried to pull over a vehicle for speeding around 6:47 pm Friday in the 2600 block of Highway 14. The vehicle refused to stop and sped away from deputies, reaching over 100 mph, before going into a ditch in the 2100 block of 210th Street.
No injuries are reported.
Wayne Watson, 55, is accused of felony eluding, OWI-2nd offense, driving while license revoked, excessive speed, open container, and driving on the wrong side of a divided highway. The Floyd County Sheriff’s Office says other charges are pending.
The Iowa State Patrol, Nora Springs Police Department, and Charles City Police Department assisted with this pusuit.
- 100 mph chase ends in Floyd County ditch
- Not guilty plea in 100 mph Floyd County chase
- Wisconsin man sentenced for 100 mph chase in Floyd County
- Trial set for 100 mph pursuit in Floyd County
- Guilty plea in 100+ mph chase
- Cross-border chase reaches over 100 mph
- Plea change in 100 mph chase
- Man arrested after Mower County chase that hit 100 mph
- Man sentenced for 100+ mph chase through Rocester
- Minnesota man pleads not guilty in 100 mph chase