ROCHESTER, Minn. – A traffic accident Friday claimed the life of an 82-year-old woman.
Avis Skjeie, of Rochester, was killed Friday during an accident at 55th St. NW and Bandel Rd.
Skjeie was a passenger in a GMC driven by 56-year-old Marcelle Goodman when the vehicle was struck by a Buick driven by 67-year-old Alan Strand, of Welch, Minnesota. Strand’s vehicle was turning northbound onto Bandel Rd. on a flashing yellow light and collided with the GMC.
Skjeie was not wearing a seatbelt, authorities said.
Two other passengers in the GMC suffered minor injuries.
No charges have been filed.
- 1 woman dead after Olmsted Co. crash
- Woman injured in Olmsted County crash
- One dead after collision in Olmsted County
- UPDATE: One dead after Olmsted County collision
- Update: Name released of woman killed in Olmsted County crash
- St. Charles woman killed in Olmsted County crash
- Two injured in Olmsted County crash
- Arrest after weekend crash in Olmsted County
- Four injured in Olmsted County crash
- Guilty plea in Olmsted County crash