WORTH COUNTY, Iowa – A motorcycle vs. tractor accident Sunday evening left one person hospitalized after being transported by Mercy Air Med.
A tractor driven by 29-year-old Isaac Hovey, of Northwood, was traveling eastbound on Highway 105 with its flashers on and attempted to turn into a driveway on the north side of the road when he was struck by a motorcycle driven by 40-year-old Shawn Boyd of Elmore, Minnesota, the Iowa State Patrol said.
The motorcycle attempted to pass on the left side at a high rate of speed and struck the front of the tractor, the Iowa State Patrol said. The accident caused Boyd do be thrown from the motorcycle.
Hovey was not injured.
- 1 transported by Mercy Air Med after north Iowa motorcycle vs. tractor accident
- 1 transported by Mercy Air-Med after motorcycle crash in Worth Co.
- 1 transported by Mercy Air Med after skid loader accident in Worth Co.
- North Iowa man airlifted after motorcycle accident
- Update: Names released, 1 transported by Air Med after Worth Co. accident
- Mercy North Iowa celebrates Family Medicine Week
- Memorial for those lost in Mercy Air Med crash moved during construction
- Highway 52 Motorcycle Accident
- 3D Mammogram machine comes to Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa
- Man arrested in "security issue" at Mercy - North Iowa