1 suffers minor burn injuries during stove fire at Rochester hotel

A stove fire prompted a hotel evacuation of one floor early Monday morning.

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 6:18 AM

ROCHESTER, Minn. – A stove fire prompted a hotel evacuation of one floor early Monday morning.
Around 1:45 a.m., the Rochester Fire Department responded to the Broadway Plaza Hotel.
An occupant staying on the 8th floor was able to use a fire extinguisher to put out the stove fire, which set off the fire alarms.
People staying on the eighth floor were evacuated to the lobby while crews ventilated the area.
One person was treated for minor burns, and hotel guests were able to return to their rooms within an hour.

Article Comments

Mason City
Clear
29° wxIcon
Hi: 41° Lo: 28°
Feels Like: 24°
Albert Lea
Overcast
28° wxIcon
Hi: 35° Lo: 25°
Feels Like: 23°
Austin
Clear
30° wxIcon
Hi: 39° Lo: 29°
Feels Like: 30°
Charles City
Overcast
32° wxIcon
Hi: 42° Lo: 30°
Feels Like: 27°
Rochester
Clear
26° wxIcon
Hi: 36° Lo: 25°
Feels Like: 26°
Winter is roaring back
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Latest Video

Image

Food Box Challenge

Image

Worth County's Shop with a Cop

Image

KIMT News 3 participates in Toys for Tots Drive

Image

Polar Bear Dip in Clear Lake

Image

House fire serves as reminder to have working smoke detectors

Image

Rochester Community Warming Center needs volunteers

Image

Sean Macaday Weather 12/8

Image

Gift Quality Book and Bake Sale

Image

Reading Center celebrates grand opening of new building

Image

Christmas by the Lake

Community Events