Rochester, Minn. – One woman had to be rescued from a second-story apartment and a dog died Sunday afternoon during an apartment fire in Rochester.
According to a press release, officials responded to a kitchen fire at 2015 41st St. NW, apartment F2, at 4:20 Sunday afternoon. Upon arrival, smoke was smoke was showing and one woman was trapped by smoke leaning out a window from an adjoining apartment.
Truck Company 42 rescued that adult female while crews extinguished the fire and searched the building to make sure everyone was out.
Crews had to ventilate the building extensively as 14 adults, 3 infants and 1 child were evacuated. One adult and one juvenile are being housed by the American Red Cross.
There was extensive fire and smoke damage to one apartment and smoke damage to six others.
The damage is estimated at $50,000.
- 1 person rescued, 1 dog died during Sunday fire in southern MN
- Man saved, 2 dogs dead after southern MN fire
- 2 southern MN kayakers rescued from Mississippi River
- Southern MN dog attack leaves girl, 11, with broken arm
- Update: Southern MN woman dies from injuries sustained in crash
- Road conditions causing accidents in southern MN
- Update: Wanted southern MN man located unresponsive
- Southern MN man killed in lawnmower accident
- Police conduct raid on southern MN house
- Person allegedly robbed at knife-point while cleaning off car in southern MN