MITCHELL COUNTY, Iowa - Authorities said a 52-year-old woman was killed while cleaning up an area of timber Thursday in Mitchell County.
The Mitchell County Sheriff’s Office identified Jacqueline Sue Kapustynski as the person killed during the accident in the 3500 block of Noble Ave. in Osage.
The woman was “killed when while clearing an area of timber, a tree that had gotten lodge, fell, striking her. Emergency services responded to the scene but were unable to provide life-saving measures,” the Mitchell County Sheriff’s Office said.
- Authorities identify woman killed in Mitchell County tree-clearing accident
- Authorities say Mitchell County man killed in Nebraska farm accident
- UPDATE: Man found after Mitchell County car accident
- 1 person dead after industrial accident in Mitchell County
- UPDATE: Drivers identified in fatal Mitchell County crash
- New Mitchell County supervisor appointed
- Mitchell County Special Election Results
- Mitchell County facing doctor shortage
- Mitchell County man dies in Mower County
- Mitchell County woman pleads not guilty to resisting arrest