ROCKWELL, Iowa - The Iowa State Patrol is identifying the pickup truck driver killed Thursday morning at Christopher Wayne Light, 28, of Rockwell. He was pronounced dead at the scene. The State Patrol says he was not wearing his seat belt.
The driver of the garbage truck has been identified as Brian Lynn Dahl, 54 of Mason City.
Previous story below
CERRO GORDO COUNTY, Iowa – One person died Thursday morning after a two-vehicle collision involving a garbage truck.
The Iowa State Patrol said the accident occurred at 6:44 a.m. at 170th St. and Quail Ave. north of Rockwell.
Authorities said a garbage truck was eastbound on 170th St. and a 2003 Ford F-150 was northbound on Quail Ave. Both vehicles entered the intersection simultaneously and the driver of the Ford F-150 was killed. The names of those involved have not been released.
The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office, the Iowa State Patrol, Rockwell Fire and EMS, Mason City EMS, the Iowa DOT, the Iowa DNR and Tony’s Towing assisted in the crash.
- UPDATE: Rockwell man killed in Thursday morning collision
- Rockwell death under investigation
- Update: Mason City man found deceased in Rockwell grain bin
- Update: Authorities ID man found deceased at Rockwell residence as death investigation continues
- Winona man killed in Thursday morning crash
- Rockwell discusses emergency disaster plan during mock scenario exercise
- Pit bull ban brings dozens to Rockwell City Council meeting
- Authorities ID man killed in Worth County tractor-train collision
- Bremer County man killed in car/semi collision
- UPDATE: One injured in Highway 52 collision