CLIVE, Iowa (AP) — The Iowa Lottery says a $1 million Mega Millions ticket has been sold in northwestern Iowa.
The ticket was bought at Fleet Farm Fuel in Sioux City and came within one number of winning Friday's $175 million jackpot. The Sioux City ticket matched the first five numbers but missing the Mega Ball number.
Fleet Farm will receive a $1,000 bonus from the Iowa Lottery for selling the $1 million-winning ticket.
No one matched all six numbers to win the jackpot, so the top prize climbs to an estimated $192 million for Tuesday.
Friday's winning numbers were: 18-25-43-44-57 and Mega Ball 25. The Sioux City ticket was the only one in the country to win a $1 million prize in Friday's drawing.
- $1 million winning lottery ticket sold in Sioux City
- Winning $1M lottery ticket sold in Iowa's Hardin County
- $2 million Powerball ticket sold in Minnesota
- Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Winning $1.6B Mega Millions ticket sold in South Carolina
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in New Hampshire
- Mega Millions ticket worth $1M sold in central Iowa
- Sioux Center outlasts Osage in state semifinals
- Sioux City woman challenging Congressman King for GOP bid
- Not guilty plea in lottery ticket theft